On every policy, a record is kept of the payments and transactions that have taken place on it.
To view the Payments on a policy you can either click Payments on the policy menu or scroll down to it.
All payments that have been created on a policy are listed here. The most recent payments are at the top of the table. Payments are either:
Created by the platform:
- This would be the monthly premiums that are automatically debited, or
- A pro rata fee that is incurred at the start of the policy.
2. Ad hoc collections created by users.
For each payment you can see:
- The date on which the payment was debited from the policyholder’s bank account.
- A description of the payment. If a payment fails, the bank may provide a one line explanation as to why the payment failed.
- The payment status.
- The amount that the bank account was debited with.
The policy's Transaction History provides you with more information about the payments that have taken place on it. This guide provides a detailed explanation of the Transaction History.
Our Billing guide provides a detailed overview on what each payment status means, and the reasons that a payment may fail.