This is where you can change your password and update your 2-Factor Authentication (2FA) settings.
To view your security settings, navigate to the menu icon on the sidebar and select My account settings.
Then select Security.
To change your password, follow the below steps:
- Click Change Password.
- Enter your current password.
- Enter a new password.
- Enter the OTP that you’ve received via SMS. If you have an app-based authenticator, enter the verification code from your authentication app.
- Once you have entered all required information, click Update Password.
If you need a refresher on password requirements for the Root dashboard, click Password Rules for a list of these requirements.
2-Factor Authentication settings.
If you have app-based 2FA enabled, the button under this heading will read Disable app-based 2FA. If not, it will read Enable app-based 2FA. You can click this button to update your 2FA settings.
To update your 2FA settings from OTP to app-based authentication, follow these steps:
1. Click Enable app-based 2FA.
2. Enter the OTP that has been SMSed to you.
3. Scan the QR code using the QR scanner within your authentication app.
4. Enter the verification code generated by the app.
Your app-based authentication is now active.
To disable app-based 2FA, you will need to follow a similar process to the above.
Remember that you will automatically be switched to receive OTPs via SMS if you disable app-based 2FA.